- Just before playing Magazine's cover of 'Boredom', John mentions that he read in a fanzine called 'Hey Fever' that the original release of 'Spiral Scratch' (on New Hormones) was selling for 30 pounds a copy, which he thinks is 'a bit daft', and hopes that it will be re-released (the following year, it was).
- After playing Patrik Fitzgerald's 'No Fun Football', JP offers to take him up to Anfield one weekend.
- Comment after playing Blue Cheer (released in 1967): "I don't think I'll play any more from that. That's the third track I've played from it. You can have just so much nostalgia and that's enough."
- The Human League track prompts Peel to allude to their upcoming session (which was recorded just over a week later and broadcast 1978-08-16).
- Patrik Fitzgerald #2, recorded 1978-07-19. No known commercial release. Two tracks, 'The Sound Of My Street' and 'Jarvis', are missing due to the tape's incomplete state.
- Magazine #2, recorded 1978-07-24. Available on The Complete John Peel Sessions (Virgin CDV 3052).
- Cliff Richard: 'Rockin' Robin (Compilation LP-Jack Good's Oh Boy!)' (EMI)
- Magazine: 'Boredom' (Peel Session)
- XTC: 'Do What You Do (LP-White Music)' (Virgin)
- Patrik Fitzgerald: 'A Mixed Kid' (Peel Session)
- Steel Pulse: 'Soldiers (LP-Handsworth Revolution)' (Island)
- Little Mack: 'I'm Tore Down (LP-Records Was Cheap To Make Then)' (Red Lightning)
- Punishment Of Luxury: 'Puppet Life (7")' (Small Wonder)
- Reaction: 'I Can't Resist (7 inch)' (Island)
- Magazine: 'Give Me Everything' (Peel Session)
- Maniacs: 'Ain't No Legend (LP-Street Music: No Heroes, No Legend)' (Japanese Import)
- Van Der Graaf Generator: 'Sci-Finance (2xLP-Vital)' (Charisma)
- Magazine: 'Big Dummy' (Peel Session)
- Buzzcocks: 'Fast Cars (LP-Another Music In A Different Kitchen)' (UA)
- Cars (2): 'My Best Friend's Girl (LP-The Cars)' (Elektra)
- Left-Hand Drive: 'I Know Where I Am (7 inch)' (Bankrupt)
- Carpettes: 'Small Wonder (7")' (Small Wonder)
- Patrik Fitzgerald, 'No Fun Football' (Peel Session)
- Snake Finger, 'The Spot' (Ralph)
- Bunny Wailer, 'Roots, Radics, Rockers And Reggae' (Island)
- Mass Production, 'Sky High (LP-Three Miles High)' (Cotillion)
- Dead Boys, 'Tell Me (You're Coming Back To Me)' (Sire)
- Blue Cheer, 'Parchman Farm (LP-Vincebus Eruptum)' (PolyGram)
- Magazine, 'Burst' (Peel Session)
- Patrik Fitzgerald, 'Little Fishes' (Peel Session)
- Human League: 'Being Boiled (7")' (Fast Product)
- Chalawah, 'Piccadilly Hop' (Tempus)
- Zones, 'Sign Of The Times (7 inch)' (Arista)
- Ashley Hutchings, 'La Russe (Medley) (LP-Kicking Up The Sawdust)' (Harvest)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.