Links To Peel
Peel was a fan of psychedelic rock and Cooper's early work comprised mainly of that genre. Cooper's music was regularly played on Peel's show in the early Seventies, but after the artist achieved his first UK number one single with "School's Out" in 1972, Peel gradually lost interest in his music as stylistically it moved away from its psychedelic rock roots and became more glam. Nonetheless, many alternative rock groups were influenced by Alice Cooper's psychedelic rock: Sonic Youth paid tribute by covering "Is It My Body" for an Alice Cooper Tribute EP. Peel played the track on his show on 06 October 1991 and commented afterwards:
- "I think only somebody that was completely demented would try to persuade you that that was Sonic Youth's most important work ever."
Shows Played(The list is incomplete. Please add further information if known.)
- 14 March 1970: Reflected (LP - Pretties For You) Straight
- 30 May 1970: Still No Air (LP – Easy Action) Straight
- 06 June 1970: Mr And Misdemeanor (LP - Easy Action) Straight
- 20 June 1970: Return Of The Spiders (LP - Easy Action) Straight
- 20 June 1972: Schools Out (single) Warner Bros.
- 30 June 1972: Schools Out / Gutter Cat Vs The Jets / Public Animal (LP – School's Out) Warner Bros
- 07 July 1972: My Stars (LP – School’s Out) Warner Bros
- Radio Luxembourg Tracklistings 6: Grande Finale (LP – School's Out) Warner Bros