- (This page is about the Hefner drummer and now solo artist. For the DJ of the same name, see Ant(2)).
Antony Harding (fl. c. 2000) is an English singer, songwriter and musician from London who grew up on the Isle of Wight. He is best known as the drummer in London band Hefner, and has also played independently as ANT and now performs solo under his real name.
Links to Peel
As a drummer for Hefner, which Peel was a fan of, Ant's music was played by the DJ between 1999 and 2000. He also recorded a solo session for Peel's show during the summer of 2000, featuring 4 acoustic versions of songs that would later appear on his debut album. The debut album, a collection of London home recordings called A Long Way To Blow A Kiss, was quietly released in 2002 on Fortune and Glory Records.
1. Recorded: 2000-07-26. First Broadcast: 12 October 2000
- History / Any Girl Can Make Me Smile / Maybe Love Will Return / The Trick
Other Shows Played
- 23 November 1999: Where Happiness Begins (CDS)' (Fabulous Friends)
- 02 December 1999 (Radio Eins): Where Happiness Begins (CDS)' (Fabulous Friends)
- 19 January 2000: Where Happiness Begins (CD single)' (Fabulous Friends)
- 20 January 2000 (Radio Eins): Where Happiness Begins (CD single)' (Fabulous Friends)
- 02 August 2000: You've Lost Your Appeal (CD - Cures For Broken Hearts) Fortune & Glory
- 22 August 2000: You've Lost Your Appeal' (EP 'Cures For Broken Hearts') Fortune & Glory