Sascha Ring (born 27 June 1978), better known by the stage name Apparat, is a German electronic musician. He was previously co-owner of Shitkatapult records. Starting out with dancefloor-oriented techno, he shifted focus towards ambient music, becoming "more interested in designing sounds than beats". He collaborates with Modeselektor under the name Moderat.
Links to Peel
Peel first played Apparat's material in 2003. A year later the musician did a Peel session in 2004, as well as a Shitkatapult label special live at Sonar, Barcelona, which JP broadcast on his show. After Peel's death, Apparat recorded and reworked his 2004 Peel session in the studio released it as the Silizium EP in 2005, as a tribute to the man.
1. Recorded: 2004-05-13. First Broadcast: 16 June 2004
- Komponent / Not A Good Place / Its Gonna Be A Long Walk / Silizium
- unknown set
Other Shows Played
- 29 July 2003: 'Fuse (12"-Koax)' (BPitch Control)
- 30 August 2003 (BBC World Service): 'Fuse (12"-Koax)' (BPitch Control)
- 04 September 2003 (Radio Eins): 'Fuse (12"-Koax)' (BPitch Control)
- 30 March 2004: 'Contradiction - Remix Lusine ICL - (EP- Duplex Remixes)' (Shitkatapult)
- 19 October 2004: Can't Computerize It
- 16 December 2004: Bolz