- Best Of Peel Vol 41
- 1991-12 1992-01
- Another in Peel Mailing List user parkermike81's series of early 90s Peel compilations.
- Session featured:
- Unsane, #1. Recorded 1991-05-21, first TX 14 July 1991, this repeat 28 December 1991. Final track, 'Bath', not present on this recording.
- From 28 December 1991:
- (JP: 'I hope we won't be more than ankle-deep in 1992 before the Unsane LP becomes available generally. In the meantime, here are some of their tunes.')
- Unsane: 'Organ Donor / Street Sweeper / Jungle Music / Exterminator' (Peel Session)
- (JP: 'We've had a friend staying with us for the last two days, three days, from New York. She's lived there for about fifteen years as a matter of fact and has never heard of Unsane. Seems barely possible.')
- From 04 January 1992:
- Piss: 'Straight Line (Compilation CD-Womens Liberation)' (Selfish)
- Bongwater: 'I Want To Talk About It Now (CD-The Big Sell-Out)' (Shimmy Disc)
- (JP: 'Not that I've got anything anything against breasts, you understand. My own are the talk, in fact the pride, of the Radio 1 locker room.')
- God Bullies: 'Book Report Time (CD-War On Everybody)' (Amphetamine Reptile)
- Skeletal Family: 'She Cries Alone (12" mini album-Recollect)' (Red Rhino)
- Grotus: 'Las Vegas Power Grid (CD-Brown)' (Spirit Music Industries)
- Spontaneous Cattle Explosion: 'I Love It When You Sing In Church (Compilation LP-The Dark Side Of The Pool)' (Liquid Noise)
- Dead Moon: 'A Fix On You (LP-Stranded In The Mystery Zone)' (Tombstone)
- (JP: 'They sound amusingly out to lunch, don't they?')
- Chicano-Christ: 'Where You From Eh? (LP-Chicano-Christ)' (Nemesis)
- Ivor Cutler: 'Bicarbonate Of Chicken (CD-Jammy Smears)' (Virgin)
- From 05 January 1992:
- From 05 January 1992:
- LFO: 'What Is House (LFO Remix) (12"-What Is House EP)' (Warp)
- Use: 'Dredge Peg (Compilation LP-The Dark Side Of The Pool)' (Liquid Noise)
- (JP: 'This is what they're up to in Evesham in Worcestershire, and I think this is a stupendous record, particularly about two and a half minutes into it, where they shift up a gear.')
- (JP: 'I just got a fax handed to me which arrived on the machine. It's not addressed to anyone, but can it be for me? It just says, "Smile, Man Smile!" Why I should do that and destroy the air of brooding magnificence I've cultivated over the past twenty-five years or so, I simply can't imagine.')
- Refrigerator: 'Nickel (7"-Rocking Horse Loser)' (Jupa)
- Wckr Spgt: 'Fluffy Cat (Compilation LP-Ghost Of A Rollercoaster (A Shrimper Compilation))' (Shrimper)
- Nothing Painted Blue: 'Let's Kiss (7"-The Bellyspeak E.P.)' (Jupa) (a wrong speed moment)
- (JP: 'I think "I struck a fender with a pipewrench" must be one of the great lines in all of popular song.')
- Piss: 'Fade Away (Compilation CD-Womens Liberation)' (Selfish)
- Blood And Roses: 'Necromantra (12"-Blood And Roses E.P.)' (Kamera) 
- (It is unknown which show(s) the following are from):
- Ivor Cutler: 'If Your Breasts (CD-Velvet Donkey)' (Virgin)
- Suffocation: 'Synthetically Revived (CD-Human Waste)' (Relapse)
- Splintered: 'Candleskin (7")' (Dying Earth) 12 January 1991
- Calamity Jane: 'Shark (LP-Martha Jane Cannery)' (SMR)
- Distorted Pony: 'Pillar Of Salt (LP-Work Makes Freedom)' (BOMP!) 12 January 1991
- Crossed Out: 'Locked In (7")' (Slap A Ham) (a wrong speed moment)
- best of peel vol 41 parts 1 & 2 (with introductions)
- 00:46:37, 00:47:25
- Shared via Peel Mailing List.
- Many thanks to Mike.
- ↑ JP cannot remember the release date: it was 1983. He obviously forgot about the session they did for him in that year.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.