Come were formed in Boston in 1990 by Thalia Zedek (vocals, guitar) (ex Uzi, Live Skull), Chris Brokaw (guitar, vocals) (ex Codeine) Arthur Johnson (drums) (Bar-B-Q Killers,) and Sean O'Brien (bass) (Kilkenny Cats and Fashion Battery).
Come released the 12-inch single "Car" on Sub Pop in 1991. The song, a seven-minute epic in the blues-noir style of The Birthday Party and These Immortal Souls, encapsulated what was to become Come's trademark style: dark, intense and lengthy songs marked by Zedek's emotional and distressed vocals, abrupt rhythms, and the tension-filled guitar interplay between Zedek and Brokaw, both extraordinarily accomplished guitarists.
Festive Fifty Entries
- Two sessions. Any commercial release of sessions?
- William / Off to One Side / Bell / Dead Molly
- Sharon Vs. Karen / Wong Side / Mercury Falls / City Of Fun
Other Shows Played
- 05 January 1992: Last Mistake (7 inch) (Sub Pop-singles club release)
- 25 January 1992: Last Mistake (12" - Car) Sub Pop
- 11 April 1992: Car (7") Sub Pop
- 13 November 1992: William (album - Eleven : Eleven) Placebo
- 22 November 1992 (BFBS): William (LP - Eleven: Eleven) Placebo
- 29 November 1992 (BFBS): Bell (LP - Eleven: Eleven) Placebo