- One World
(DM message to Peel Mailing List)
- This was a 2 hour documentary broadcast on Radio 1 in the early hours of Monday 10 October 2005 in the One World slot, celebrating some of the shows Peel made from around the world - some of which have been shared here by Ken Garner in original broadcast form.
- The tracklisting can be found in the archives of the Radio One website. Note that this is incomplete, as - for example - it omits Schneider TM's "The Light 3000" from the Sonar Festival, broadcast 18 June 2003.
- There are a couple of small edits for tape flips, but I managed to do these mid-song so as not to lose any Peel links.
- The date given by Ken Garner for the John Peel In Russia show is 1988, but the commentary mistakenly says it was 1989.
- Similarly, the previously available recording of Peel in Japan appears to be from a different show, Peel At The World Popular Song Festival In Japan, (broadcast 1986-11-02). Meanwhile, Where It's At, a section of which closes out the show here, is credited to 1984 in Berlin but is the final two of six programmes Peel made for Radio 3, broadcast from 1976-04-23. Peel mentions he saw the Sadistic Mika Band the previous year in concert supporting Roxy Music in London (the tour was in 1975, see Gigography 1970s).
- Tracklisting below is based on the BBC online listing linked above, with extra details if available.
- HMV Hardcore Masterz Vienna: My Style (12” single) H2OH Recordings
- Shikari: Attitude (10” split EP – Seeinred / Shikari) white label
- Houston Swing Engine: Gay Rodeo (LP - Gentleman Sampler) Gentleman Records
- Cock And Ball Torture: Where Girls Learn To Piss On Command (7") (Stuhlang Records)
- Live Report: Why Do I Always Get It Wrong
(John Peel In Russia, 1988-03-12)
- Vova Siniy (Blue Vova) & Brothers In Mind: Hey, Hey
- Brigada S: Бродяга (Vagrant)
- Popularnaja Mehanika (Popular Mechanics): Unknown (LP - Live At Riga) What's So Funny About .
- Zvuki Mu: Союзпечать (Soviet Press)
- Jaga Jazzist: Day
- Schneider TM: The Light 3000
(Janice & John In Japan, 1986)
(in Brussels, Belgium)
- Attwenger: Paf
(in Prague, Czech Republic, with Misha Glenny taking about beer)
- Locomotiv GT: Gimme Your Love (LP - Locomotiv GT) Epic
- Sadistic Mika Band: WA-KAH! CHICO (Time To Noodle) (LP - Hot Menu) Harvest
- Glenn Philips: Lenor (LP - Lost At Sea) Snow Star
- Brian Eno: Sky Saw (LP - Another Green World) Island
- John Peel Around the World.mp3
- Many thanks to DM!
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.