In June 1998, the opening night of the Meltdown festival curated by Peel was a Warp label live special, with selections later broadcast on his Radio One show. A similar event later in the festival featured artists from Scotland's Creeping Bent label (Leopards, Adventures In Stereo, Nectarine No.9, Secret Goldfish), although none of these sets appeared in subsequent programming.
Independent labels like Warp and Creeping Bent provided the core of Peel's programs from the punk era. In later years, live sessions from Maida Vale came to include multi-artist label nights. The aim of this page is to list such live session specials, as well as other Peel shows with a label theme.
- 27 May 1980: independent label record special (planned A-Z of artists only reaches M)
- 09 June 1980: Beat, Madness, Selecter, Specials, Bodysnatchers (repeats of first sessions from five 2-Tone related artists)
- 30 June 1998: Broadcast, Plaid, Plone, Autechre (recorded 1998-07-20 at Meltdown, Warp Records Night)
- 08 October 1998: Pacou, Neil Landstrumm & Toba Schmidt, Surgeon, Regis (live DJ sets marking 100 releases on Tresor label)
- 14 March 2000: Delgados, Aereogramme, Bis, Arab Strap, Suckle, Magoo, Mogwai (Chemikal Underground 5th birthday party)
- 11 December 2002: Hirameka Hi Fi, Cove, Stanton, Reynolds, Billy Mahonie (artists all play 10-minute sets, having previously appeared on The Twominutemen 2x7” compilation series on the Jonson Family label with tracks limited to 2 minutes)