- John Peel's Music On BFBS
- BFBS (Germany)
- A request for U2 produces a derisive snort from JP.
- (JP: 'Somebody told me the other day how I should pronounce that, because I'd been saying "kwizzkwohz" and then I said "couscous" because that's what she carols in the course of the song, and it's neither of those things. I've forgotten what it is.')
- Jane Bond And The Undercovermen: 'I Made Love To A Communist (LP-Politically Correct)' (Dreamworld) 24 March 1985 (BFBS)
- (JP: 'I was a little worried about Charles, our producer, before I played that, but fortunately he hung himself about with garlic and seems to have survived.')
- Yeah Yeah Noh: 'Brown Shirt (7"-The Prick Up Your Ears EP)' (In Tape) IT 012 24 March 1985 (BFBS)
- Buzzcocks: 'E.S.P. (LP-Love Bites)' (United Artists) UAG 30197 24 March 1985 (BFBS)
- Notsensibles: 'I'm In Love With Margaret Thatcher (7")' (Redball) 24 March 1985 (BFBS)
- Fall: 'Last Orders (Compilation LP-Short Circuit Live At The Electric Circus)' (Virgin) 24 March 1985 (BFBS)
- Mel-O-Tones: 'Burton Buzz (12"-Bomb Sutra EP)' (Probe Plus) 31 March 1985 (BFBS)
- (JP: 'I think the band and their followers see that as being psychedelic music, although it's not psychedelic music as I understand it, but then again, I am very old.')
- Celibate Rifles: 'Darlinghurst Confidential (LP-The Celibate Rifles)' (Hot Records) 31 March 1985 (BFBS)
- (JP: 'So those are the Celibate Rifles and that's a track which our Kevin likes quite a bit, so he played it instead of "Back In The Red". But we work on it. It's a democratic programme and why shouldn't he have a choice every once in a while?')
- Peel 008
- Many thanks to the taper: however the quality is rather muffled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.