- John Peel's Music On BFBS
- BFBS (Germany)
- During the second show, John refers to a Clash LP that he has featured, but any tracks he played are missing from the recording.
- He reminds us that King Blank is Ian Lowery (he of the Folk Devils), and Motor Boys Motor were an early version of the Screaming Blue Messiahs (JP naturally preferred the former).
- (JP: 'Hi pals, time for another John Peel's Music On BFBS with a wide range of requests as always, and one or two interesting records.')
- King Blank: 'Mouth Off (7")' (Situation Two) 14 May 1988 (BFBS)
- Folk Devils: 'Hank Turns Blue (7")' (Ganges)
- (JP: 'You may have read in the papers that the Swans have covered Joy Division's 'Love Will Tear Us Apart', and I was rather hoping that they would have done it kind of Swans style. As you can tell, they haven't, really.')
- (JP: 'Well, a bit of a disappointment to me, but I thought you'd be interested in hearing it....they should have done it in their usual style, slow it right down and make it really grim.')
- (JP: 'I remember how much I used to like her accent.')
- Weather Prophets: 'Chinese Cadillac (12"-Hollow Heart)' (Creation)
- CUD: 'Under My Hat (12")' (Ediesta)
- Cure: 'Fire In Cairo (12"-The Peel Sessions)' (Strange Fruit)
- Hasil Adkins: 'Let's Make It Up (LP-He Said)' (Big Beat)
- Motor Boys Motor: 'Drive Friendly (LP-Motor Boys Motor)' (Albion)
- Fall: 'Lucifer Over Lancashire (7"-Mr. Pharmacist)' (Beggars Banquet) cuts out before end
- Peel 085
- Many thanks to Dirk.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.