Portrait Of The Artist As A Consumer was a feature on the NME in the 80's, featuring celebrities who would list their favorite books, albums, movies and favorite other artists. Celebrities such as Nick Cave and Morrissey also took part in this feature.
Links to Peel
Peel was featured on Portrait Of The Artist As A Consumer, published in the NME on 21st May 1983 (later republished in the 2017 History Of Rock 1983 magazine) where he was asked his favourite books, music, films etc.
- Anthony Powell: A Dance To The Music Of Time
- A gloomy book my mother has about medieval medicine
- Anything by J.B. Morton (Beachcomber)
- Histories rather than fictions
- The Pepys Diaries
- Boy's Own annuals from the '50s
Changes hourly Mainly...
- Undertones: Teenage Kicks
- Misty In Roots: Live At The Counter Eurovision
- New Order: Age Of Consent
- Handel: Zadok The Priest
- FAVE PLACES
- Anything with Margaret Rutherford in or Alastair Sim
- Brief Encounter
- The Fatal Glass of Beer
- Gregory's Girl
- FAVE QUOTES
- WC Fields: "It ain't a fit night out for man or beast"
- Henry Adams: "A friend in power is a friend lost"
- FAVE DRINK
- Primitive red wines
- LEAST FAVE DRINK
- Fennings' Fever Cure
- FAVE MONARCH
- FAVE TEAMS