Quiver was formed by Tim Renwick and Cal Batchelor in 1970 and teamed up with Sutherland Brothers in December 1972. Quiver had several personnel changes between 1970 and 1972, until the amalgamation with the Sutherlands. Bruce Thomas left in March 1973. They were called subsequently, the Sutherland Brothers and Quiver, Quiverlands for short.
Links to Peel
Peel played the band's material when they were a solo group, with three sessions recorded for his show, as well as when they became the Sutherland Brothers And Quiver band. Quiver also performed a concert that Peel presented on 28 February 1971.
Bassist Bruce Thomas left after two sessions in the merged grouping and later did four Peel sessions with Elvis Costello (as one of the Attractions).
- Back On The Road Again / Ballad Of Barnes County / Down Your Way
- Green Tree / Gone In The Morning, Love / No Boundaries
3. Recorded: 1972-05-08. Broadcast: 16 June 1972
- I Might Stumble / Love Has No Boundary / Take A Train
- Sutherland Brothers And Quiver
- Real Love / You Get Me Anyway / Rock And Roll Show / Love Is My Religion
- Real Love / Dream Kid / Bluesy World / I Hear Thunder
3. Recorded: 1974-07-30. Broadcast: 13 August 1974.
- World In Action / Beat Of The Street / Saviour In The Rain / Annie
- Devil Are You Satisfied / Silver Sister / Something Special / Last Boy Over The Moon
- Dirty City / Little Bit Something Else / Somebody Buy The Band A Drink / Laid Back In Anger /
- Mad Trail / When The Train Comes / Love On The Moon / Ain't Too Proud
- Bruce Thomas
- Three sessions with Quiver, two with Sutherland Brothers & Quiver, four with Elvis Costello.
Other Shows Played
- 28 February 1971: unknown set, live at the BBC Paris Theatre
- 24 July 1971: Glad I Came Around (LP - Quiver) Warner Bros. (JP: "I'd like to have an 8-track of that to play in the van....")
- Radio Luxembourg Tracklistings 5: Love/No Boundaries (LP - Gone In The Morning)
- 11 April 1972: I Might Stumble (single)
- 11 April 1972: Green Tree (single) Warner Bros
- 28 April 1972: Green Tree (single) Warner Bros
- 15 January 1974: Dream Kid
- 06 January 1975 (& Sutherland Brothers): World In Action (LP - Beat Of The Street) Island
- 09 December 1975 (& Sutherland Brothers): Ain't Too Proud (LP: Reach For The Sky) CBS