Record Collector is a British monthly music magazine and is distributed both within the UK and worldwide. It was first published in March 1980. The magazine would normally consist of both prose pieces on the history of the artists, and detailed discographies of their UK releases. These discographies would provide all the information needed for collectors to pore over, and which enables them to differentiate between different pressings of outwardly identical releases – catalogue numbers, release dates and distinguishing features of the records/record sleeves themselves. In particular, they would also include a valuation of each record, so that dealers and collectors have a springboard to work from.
Links to Peel
Peel has been featured in several editions of the magazine, where he's been interviewed. Before his death, Peel appeared in the January 2003 punk special edition, where he was asked to pick his favourite ten punk albums from that era: 
- Ramones: (album - Ramones) Sire
- Damned: (album - Damned Damned Damned) Stiff
- Clash: (album - The Clash) CBS
- Wire: (album - Pink Flag) Harvest
- Buzzcocks: (album - Another Music In A Different Kitchen) United Artists
- Siouxsie & the Banshees: (album - The Scream) Polydor
- Fall: (album - Live At The Witch Trials) Step-Forward
- Undertones: (album - The Undertones) Sire
- Joy Division: (album - Unknown Pleasures) Factory
- Gang of Four: (album - Entertainment!) EMI
After his death, Record Collector paid tribute to the DJ in their December 2004 edition.