- (This page is about the British rock band. For the British hardcore dance DJ of the same name, see UFO(2)).
UFO are an English rock band that was formed in London in 1968. They became a transitional group between early hard rock and heavy metal and the new wave of British heavy metal. The band's current lineup includes vocalist Phil Mogg, lead guitarist Vinnie Moore, rhythm guitarist and keyboardist Neil Carter, bass guitarist Rob De Luca, and drummer Andy Parker. They have gone through several line-up changes, leaving Mogg as the only constant member, and had two hiatuses (1983–1984 and again from 1989 to 1991). The band are also notable for featuring former Scorpions guitarist and MSG founder Michael Schenker, who was a member of UFO from 1973 to 1978 and again, occasionally, between 1993 and 2003, when Moore replaced him. In May 2018, Mogg announced that he will retire from UFO after one last tour as a member of the band in 2019.
Links to Peel
Peel played tracks from the band in the late 70's, when he had a quota of hard rock music being played on his programmes. The group also did a session for his show, but by the end of thw 70's, he rarely played any material from the group.
- Too Hot To Handle / Lights Out / Try Me
Other Shows Played
- 14 July 1978: Only You Can Rock Me (maxi single) Chrysalis
- 21 August 1978: Only You Can Rock Me (single) Chrysalis
- 18 January 1979: Doctor Doctor (7”) Chrystalis